This work is released under the GNU/GPL license. Sources can be downloaded here : [link]
You like my work (or to encourage me to draw an icon for your favorite application), please consider a small Paypal donation at email@example.com
Download the tar.gz file and extract it. In the new folder created, run the ./INSTALL script to choose the distribution logo (Ubuntu, by default) and the Gnome menu icon. If run as root, the script will copy the iconsets to /usr/share/icons to made them available to all users. Some default icons used by Rhythmbox and Dockmanager may be also replaced.
Run ./UNINSTALL as root to restore defaults icons.
Faenza icon theme is available to install for Ubuntu users via a PPA repository. View the README file for instructions and a list of known issues.
As the file is the too big for DA submission policy, you can download the archive form the dedicated Google Code page: [link]
- Ubuntu 11.10: the Unity panel has a strange behavior with some icons compared with the previous version (and Gnome 2 panels of course), especially with user menu and battery state icons. You might use one of the to new themes instead of the classic ones: Faenza-Ambiance is suitable with dark panel and toolbars (inherits Faenza-Darkest theme), Faenza-Radiance with light panel and controls (inherits Faenza theme).
- Some applications are configured to always use the same icon regardless of the selected theme. To display the Faenza icon, edit as root the /usr/share/applications/application_name.desktop file and locate the line beginning with 'Icon='. Replace the fullpath icon name by the one of the Faenza icon (usually, it's the name of the application itself) without the extension.
Don't forget to make a backup before changing one of those files.
E.g. Vim desktop file is /usr/share/applications/gvim.desktop
Some desktop files can be located in /usr/local/share/applications or in your ~/.local/share/applications folder (e.g. Steam desktop file is somewhere in ~/.local/share/applications/wine).
Here is a partial list: emacs23, gcolor2, bluefish, hardinfo, setroubleshoot, gufw, pithos, vim, rssowl, netbeans, gazpacho, guake, all commercial games, etc
- If you want to use the new Gnome contact application, edit its desktop file (/usr/share/applications/gnome-contacts.desktop) to use the specific (and beautiful) icon named gnome-contacts
== 1.3.1 ==
* New weather symbolic icons
== 1.3 ==
* New apps: UbuntuOne Music and Ubuntu Online Accounts
* New designs for Twitter, Spotify and adressbook
* Icons for system settings categories on Ubuntu
* Fix some missing links
== 1.2 ==
* New apps: Desura, Gajim, Google Music Frame, Mail notification
* New icons sizes: 64x64 and 96x96
* Fixes the specific folders icons replaced by the standard one
* Fixes some missing links
== 1.1 ==
* New apps: Gnome documents, Gnome contacts, Gnome online accounts, Gnome freecell, Clementine, Onboard, preferences-color, Screenruler, Scribes, Steam, Tracker, Wunderlist, Xterm
* New devices: tablet, network wired, network wireless, VPN, system harddisk
* Some reworked icons (Baobab, Gparted, Time-admin, Gconf editor, all folders)
* Emblems are more homogeneous
* Some new status icons and two new themes (Faenza-Ambiance and Feanza-Radiance) for a better integration with Unity in Ubuntu 11.10
== 1.0 ==
* New apps: preferences-desktop-wallpaper, SEtroubleshoot, system-switch-java, Fedora autoplus, Fedora-release-notes
* New status icons: nm-device-wired-secure
* Some reworked icons
* A wide bunch of new symbolic icons for Gnome Shell
* Better support for XFCE
* All applications in 16x16
* Fix some missing links
Did this work on Ubuntu 14.04.1 Trusty Tahr ?
here a little ninja magik to make the install in one copy-paste. Just open a terminal and paste this code:
mkdir -p ~/.icons && cd ~/.icons && wget launchpad.net/~tiheum/+archive… && tar -zxvf faenza-icon-theme_1.3.1.tar.gz && cd .. && cp -a ~/.icons/faenza-icon-theme-1.3/Faenza* ~/.icons/
Cheers! : )
One of the best and complete icon set for Ubuntu! I wanted to request the following app icons :
I intended to post this list in the development site, but couldn't find it.